[ View Candidate Board ] This is a new service since March 22, 2016
To post your resume on our Candidate Board, fill out this form. This is a complementary service, free to our members and at a cost of $50 for non-members. [View Payment Options]. Your resume will be published upon confirmation of a valid membership or once we have received your payment.
The Perfect Resume
The American Resume has different standards than the French resume.
Here are a few rules to observe:
- Personal details: limit them to your full name, address, email address and phone number are required. Avoid irrelevant data such as: date of birth/place of birth/ age/ marital status
- Do not include your photograph
- Place your title and/or your career objective at the top of your resume, but below your personal details. (i.e.,"Project Manager looking for a new challenge in technical support" or "Web page developer"
- Resume should be no longer than one page, two pages max.
- Get straight to the point: if it does not support your job objective or internship cut it out
- Be precise and clear.(i.e., avoid terms like "various responsibilities"
- Highlight accomplishments and results
- Use action verbs
- Write short phrases
- Be precise in your starting and ending job dates and graduation dates as well
- Be honest about your foreignlanguage capability and mention any relevant certifications,testsor officila qualifications (i.e., TOEFL, DALF/DELF, CEFR...)
- Mention your community involvement and volunteer activities
Engage with the Chicago Business Community and improve your chances of getting a job:
- Attend our events to network and connect with different professionals in the French-American business community.
- Become a member to attend these events at a discounted rate and get access to our members-only LinkedIn group.
- Subscribe to our emailing list and stay up-to-date on Chicago- and Midwest-based comapnies as well as updates on job offers and candidates.
- Take a look at the job board
>The 10 Most Common Interview Questions, click here.
© 2017 French American Chamber Of Commerce Chicago