Sign up today to become a mentee or mentor
The Women for Women (W4W) Mentoring Program helps candidates articulate and implement a job search strategy in the U.S. either when they have recently relocated to the U.S. or after a pause (such as caring for their family). This network of women attached to the French-American Chamber of Commerce of Chicago, is eager to help other women think through their career advancement and identify professional opportunities. The committee selects and manages a group of outside mentors who will be matched, as needed, with women seeking career guidance More specifically, the W4W committee of volunteers can help with the following:
View our list of 2016-2017 Mentors, click here
How to become a W4W Mentoring Candidate:
Candidates interested in participating in the mentoring program must complete and submit an application (see link below). The application provides the committee with an understanding of the candidate’s background and career objectives. Candidates accepted into the program will be paired with a W4W Committee member who will help with a U.S. job search strategy.
In order to participate in the program, candidates must have the following:
> BECOME A MENTEE. Apply to the W4W Mentoring Program today!
1- Review the criteria for applicants listed above
2- Click here to download and fill out the application form.
3- Email the application form along with your resume to mentoringW4W@facc-chicago.com.
> BECOME A MENTOR
If you would like to join the Women Mentoring Women Program as a Mentor, please:
1- Click here to download and fill out the application form.
2- Email the mentor application form along with your resume to mentoringW4W@facc-chicago.com.
We are not a recruitment agency, nor a relocation agency. We are not selling a service; this is entirely non-for-profit and all of our members are volunteers
Contact us for more information: mentoringW4W@facc-chicago.com
Mentoring Success stories:
‘’I was lucky enough to be selected by the W2W partnership program. I really appreciate the support Axelle Brand provided me at a difficult time for me. I followed my husband in Chicago and was looking for a job for 2 months. She overcame the same challenges and succeeded. She gave me hope. After each of our meeting I felt filled with energy all over again and confident that I will find the right opportunity.
The biggest challenge for me was to get my Resume read by the right people, people who are able to understand my path and ready to meet me. The keys are good preparation and resilience.
After 6 months of intensive job search, I am now Program Manager at Motorola Mobility (part of Google Group). My position at Motorola perfectly fit into my career plan. I feel now that our experience in Chicago as a family is complete. With the balance restored, we can now make our move to Chicago a long term living.
More than a Mentor, Axelle is now a friend and I am eager to share with new Mentee my experience, my connections and what I learned in the process.” Mrs. Murielle C. (MENTEE)
"I was part of the W4W mentoring program since February, that provided me a very helpful insight of the US job research market, and for my job search strategy. During those months I learned with my mentor how to perform relevant networking, improve my resume and practice my "Elevator Pitch". The program also gave me the opportunities to introduce myself to inspiring Women in Chicago.
I want to thank you all for this great support and program. " Mrs Nathalie B. C. (MENTEE)
” I totally enjoyed this first opportunity to contribute to the W4W Committee. I find that a rewarding aspect of this process is when such a synergy develops between mentee and mentor and we can then watch the mentee make great strides toward their goals!’ Mrs. Bo Golovan ( MENTOR)
EVENTS: Attend a Panel Discussion organized by our W4W Event committee
Each year, the committee organizes a panel discussion designed to cover topics of interest to today’s professional women. Visit our Event pagefor more information, Click HERE
- Amandine Fieux | Chicago Brand Manager at Clasquin. LinkedIn profile
- Bo Golovan | Leadership and Emotional Intelligence Executive Coach, Business Coach, Cross Cultural Consultant. LinkedIn profile
- Mariam Huss | Director, Organization Transformation & Change at BPI group. LinkedIn profile
- Dalila Hoover | Attorney at Law at The Hoover Law Office, LLC.
- Christina Immelman | Tax Partner at WeiserMazars. LinkedIn profile
- Sophie Kergoat | Principal Scientist at Wrigley (Mars Inc.). LinkedIn profile
- Myriam Le Cannellier | CFR Global Executive Search - Co-Founder and Director at DSML Executive Search. LinkedIn profile | Chair of the Mentoring Program sub-committee
- Jenny Partouche | US Sales Manager at FP Bois Inc. LinkedIn profile
- Cécile Bernard Pochet | Market Development Manager North America at Styrolution America LLC. LinkedIn profile
- Aurélie Richard | Senior Vice President - Human Resources Strategy at Schneider Electric. LinkedIn profile
- Lisa Ruiz | Latin America Area. Head, Regulatory Affairs at Abbvie Inc. LinkedIn profile
© 2017 French American Chamber Of Commerce Chicago