Join FACC-Chicago's Seminars & Workshops
September 13th, 2018
Planning for Automation: The Future of Urban Mobility
Speakers will present key trends in urban mobility--including automated and connected vehicles--and discuss how these technological innovations impact our behavior, the economy, and urban planning.
CEO of Transdev North America and head of global B2C business line & autonomous transportation systems
|Augustin K. Wegscheider|
Automotive & Mobility Principal at Boston Consulting Group
DATE: Thursday September 13th, 2018 | 8:30 am - 10:30 am
8:30 - 9:00: Check-in, Breakfast & Networking
9:00 - 9:45: Presentation
9:45 - 10:30: Discussion
WHERE: FACC-Chicago | 205 N. Michigan Ave. | 37th Floor
Seating is limited. No walk-ins permitted.
TICKETS: FACC-Chicago members: $25 | Non-members: $35
Click here to view past Breakfast Seminars.
May 24th, 2018
From marketing to negotiation: Why do companies fail abroad?
Many examples exist showing that powerful companies worldwide can fail abroad because they are not diligent enough in getting to know the underlying cultural traits of specific markets. Because of globalization, managers assume that business is practiced the same way everywhere which leads to failures both in marketing and negotiation strategies. It is time to understand the reasons for these failures in order to avoid them in the future.
Founder and Director at Ubi & Orbi - Professor and
Director International Negotiation at Sorbonne Nouvelle
May 10th, 2018
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Overview
On December 22, 2017, President Trump signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, fundamentally overhauling the taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, and multinational enterprises. Among the many provisions, the tax reform reduces the top individual tax rate, modifies the individual tax brackets, eliminates and/or caps many individual itemized deductions, reduces the corporate tax rate, enhances many corporate deductions, changes the corporate taxation system to a territorial one, and provides for repatriation of offshore earnings.
|Ryan Vaughan |
Tax Director - Mazars USA LLP
March 1st, 2018
THE USE OF MACHINE LEARNING IN PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION
In the past decades, the emergence of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning have strongly influenced the way companies function, especially in their performance optimization.
During this session, Pierre Rougier, founder of the consulting firm KEPLER, will present different current methods, with a specific focus on EasyKost, the 1st cost estimation software based on Machine Learning which addresses modern companies’ needs.
During this workshop, you will find out how to improve your company’s performance through:
· The use of Machine Learning for costing & pricing
· Possible applications on performance modeling (industrial, sales, etc)
Founding Partner of Kepler
In this workshop, you will learn
- How to pick the right event and get ready for it,
- The magic formula to having a truly interesting conversation
- How to follow up smartly and effectively
Regional Industry Lead Electronics and Household Americas
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
January 24th, 2018
BREAKFAST SEMINAR : TAX REFORM
U.S. Tax Reform’s Impact on Foreign-Owned U.S. Companies and U.S. Tax Residents
During this workshop you will:
- Gain an understanding of key U.S. tax considerations for foreign-owned U.S. companies and key tax planning strategies.
- Learn about U.S. tax issues for individuals prior to entry into the U.S., during residency in the U.S. and taxation as an expatriate.
- Discover key impacts of U.S. tax reform on foreign-owned U.S. companies and U.S. tax residents.
Senior Manager, International Tax
RSM US LLP
Senior Manager, International Tax Services
RSM US LLP
December 7th, 2017
Is your company going through changes? Replacing technology, adding new leadership or improving processes? Change is hard... but the reality is that change is unavoidable and organizations need to resolve how to successfully adapt and sustain change.
At this breakfast seminar presented by Mariam Huss, Founder and Managing Director of Axxum Consulting, you’ll learn an easy step-by-step framework that can be applied to various types of transitions that might be occurring within your organization.
You’ll learn how to:
- Define the change – why is change needed?
- Overcome the common challenges while going through an organizational change
- Apply best practices and helpful tips in preparing for change initiatives
|Mariam Huss |
Founder and Managing Director
Axxum Consulting LLC
October 26, 2017
The client experience at the heart of the retail strategy
- Recent evolution of the luxury market, redefining the client experience
- How to embrace online shopping while maintaining and supporting brick and mortar stores
"In a Flash! A Lesson in Cybersecurity" : March 16, 2017
The presentation will use a three-part dramatic film developed by DLA Piper to lead interactive discussions about a number of real-world legal and regulatory issues raised by cybersecurity and data breaches, among them:
· Cyber governance; cyber-risk management; security protocols; incident response plans
· The corresponding legal and regulatory environment faced by board members, general counsel, and senior business executives.
· The delicate balance of managing internal investigations, reporting requirements and stakeholder interests
January 26th, 2017
Navigating through Corporate America: A cultural differences workshop
Here are the themes to be discussed:
- Breaking the ice
- Attitude and communication
- Time, schedule and tasks
October 27, 2016
Understand how Energy Leadership™ will help you become a powerful leader. Find out how to improve your performance in your workplace and in your life through Energy Leadership™.
During this workshop you will:
- Learn how to move from functioning effectively to functioning optimally
- Learn how to develop your ability to motivate and inspire yourself as well as your co-workers, associates, friends and family into a positive and sustainable action
- Learn to choose from 7 perspectives, how to see yourself, the people around you and any situation or challenge
SEPTEMBER 20, 2016
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Schneider Electric was recently named the 12th most sustainable company in the world and 10th in the Newsweek Green Ranking. Headquartered in Paris, Schneider Electric has embedded sustainability into all aspects of their business practices, while leveraging this cultural aspect as a key pillar in driving purpose and employee engagement. Join us as we host two North America sustainability leaders for a discussion in how they do it..a
Director, Safety, Environment and Process Improvement at
Director, Corporate Social Responsibility at Schneider Electric
The presentation is available here.
THINK BETTER. Working in a Global Environment: How the workplace shapes our attention.
Read more about the topic with 360 magazine “Think Better” (available in PDF or on the free app): www.steelcase.com/insights/360-magazine/think-better/
See the Steelcase Global Report: http://www.steelcase.com/insights/360-magazine/steelcase-global-report/
Our presenters will share key findings on a global study of workplace behaviors and trends and offer new insights into how to re-imagine the work space to optimize brain performance and worker well-being.